Thursday, April 16, 2009

First nice day of Spring and a Trip to the Vernon Marsh

Today was the first really nice day of spring. 60 degrees, sunny and no wind. I stopped by the Vernon Marsh and was amazed by all of the wild life there. I saw the Muscrat pictured here, as well as several beavers, turtles and large spawning fish. Also saw this beautiful swan surrounded by American Coots show below.


There were also many Tree Swallows, Red Winged Blackbirds and Sand Hill Cranes flying over head. Spring is here:)











3 Comments:

Blogger CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Lisa .. we have had amazing weather these past few days here and it is almost too good to believe ? LOL
Your pictures are wonderful .. I can lamost hear the frogs singing from the marsh : )

5:25 PM  
Blogger Town Mouse said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out! Thanks for sharing

9:56 PM  
Blogger donna said...

I don't know why, but when I see a Muscrat swimming towards me, it scares me....especially if I'm in the water. Very cool pictures.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!