Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Bye Old Friend

We had to put our beloved 14 year old golden retriever to sleep yesterday. She was a gentle soul and we will miss her.





Go Joyously into the spirit and the summerland of youth, Glory once again in your strength. Run free amid the wildflowers. Sniff the tantalizing smells among the wooded tangles of the forest. Sleep in the warm sun beside murmuring brooks. And when you weary of the green hills and fields of Rainbow Bridge, follow the bright strand- forged of love which connects us. It leads to the garden of my soul where a warm welcome always awaits your coming.. -Lisa Singer

6 Comments:

Blogger Aspasia B said...

From someone who knows how difficult it is to lose a pet, you have my deepest sympathies. She looks like a lovely girl.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Babalax said...

I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. She looks like she was a sweet and precious companion. My condolences to you and your family.

9:18 PM  
Blogger My Mother's Garden said...

So sorry to see your loss.
May your family be comforted with many sweet memories.
Karrita

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sue Swift said...

I'm really sorry. You must be so sad. We went through the same with our German Shepherd, so I know how you feel. It's that balance between wanting to stop the suffering, but wanting to keep her alive and with you.

We're now facing the same decision with the hamster. Don't laugh. It's not the same as a dog, but she's still part of the family ...

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. It is so hard losing a pet and yet so inevitable for us all eventually I am afraid. Thinking of you.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. We will always miss her. Such a gentle creature.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!