Wednesday, May 28, 2008

orange mystery plant

Anyone recognize this orange mystery plant? It must have seeded and grew on it's own. I thought it might be butterfly weed, but it looks a bit different.

I've never grown peanuts before, so I fell for this cute peanut guy sign. Should be fun to see how they do.


I'm trying Totally Tempted Cuphea in one of my window boxes. It has not enjoyed the wind and cold weather we have had here this spring. It is starting to look a bit better now. I hope the hummingbirds will enjoy it this summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Vera said...

I have the orange mystery plant, too, so I looked through last year's seed list and it looks like Siberian Wallflower. That hanging basket is gorgeous! What is in it?

6:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks so much Donna! Mystery solved(except for where it came from)The hanging basket is geraniums and verbena. There is a store here thatt sells them and every year I splurge and get one:)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Sue Swift said...

I grow wallflowers every year and wouldn't be without them. They really brighten up the balcony. I love the bright orange of that one though.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Terra said...

Maybe your mystery orange plant (Siberian wallflower as Donna Vera said) is a gift to you via seeds from a song bird.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!