Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Busy Day

Since I am getting ready to head to Oregon for my brother's wedding, I decided to plant my seedlings. It is a bit on the cold side still and dry here. I think they will have a better chance in the ground than left alone in their little pots while I am gone. So I spent many hours yesterday and today planting and am posting some random pictures from the week.



The top picture is of the female oriole using the nesting material I put out. Last year the goldfinches used this material all the time for their nests. I bought it at Wild Birds Unlimited. The next is of one of the ducks who comes into my yard to eat bird food. The third is a dove. I'm not a huge dove lover, but I thought the close up was kind of cool. The last is my herb barrel. The chives come back every year and then I add various herbs to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger a friend said...

I really enjoy visiting your blog. The pictures are always so welcoming and colourful. You do have a vast array of birds visiting. Do you have a lot of bird feeder in your yard? or is it just all the gorgeous flowers?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Lil Beck said...

Nice Pictures!!!!!!!!!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I do have quite a few bird feeder in my yard:)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!