Monday, April 07, 2008

Starting to get excited


The hummingbirds usually return here around May 5th. I haven't yet put out a feeder, but will do so soon. From checking the migration map http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html I see they have reached Illinois, Indiana and Ohio so they are on there way. Spring seems a bit later than usual here this year, so I am wondering if the hummingbirds will be delayed. Who ever spots the first one in our family wins $5, so even the kids are excited for their return:).

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Great picture. I have been on the look out for butterflies in our garden.

Deb

7:54 PM  
Blogger Sue Swift said...

Hi Lisa,
There's an award waiting for you on my blog if you'd like to come and collect it.
Sue

8:54 AM  
Blogger Zafeon said...

Hi Lisa, Greeting from Georgia! What an awesome pictures. The hummingbirds have been here in South Georgia for about two weeks. I have the hot lips salvia that is in your picture and it is in full bloom. The hummingbirds are on my lavender and bottlebrush blooms as well! Thanks for sharing the awesome picture. I have grown up around my parents flower nursery and enjoy butterfly and bird gardening too! I have several host plants for the butterflies in our area. Have a great gardening day.

Lisa Belan
plantstep.com

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!