Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mosquito Magnet to the rescue



This year I decided to plant some more day lillies in the wild area behind our house. I used dividends from other day lillies around our yard. They are finally blooming. I like the effect with the wild prairie grasses. Next year I'll have to plant more.






Last year my husband found this mosquito magnet at our school barn sale and bought it for $10. It is up and running this year and working. I can finally be out in my veggie garden without needing a transfusion.







More of the day lillies in the wild space.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sigruns German Garden said...

Hi Lisa, yes, plant more. I like them very much!

Sigrun

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kacy said...

Lovely garden and pics!

And I've never heard of a mosquito magnet before - that is too cool! They don't bother me much but they swarm hubby...so he'd probably love it.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Candy Duell said...

Your blog is great. I also love to have the hummingbirds around. They are so cute. My grandchildren are learning all about them, and like to see them come to our feeders

6:52 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks everyone! I enjoyed checking out your blogs as well.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!