Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hot, windy day in the garden




I purchased two phlox plants on sale a couple weeks ago. Both were supposed to be red, but one is pink and this one just started blooming and it is white. I still like it, but not quite what I was expecting.






The Russian Sage is blooming. This plant gets huge. It seems to do really well in the midwest.















This is my first year growing Silene Royal Catchfly. It is a hummingbird plant and actually will return in my zone 5 garden. Next year I may have to do a mass planting of it thou, as it seems kind small on it's own.






Tomato plants are sprouting up everywhere. A chipmunk or some other creature must have been raiding my garden last year. I don't have the heart to pull out any tomato plants, so they are growing in a couple flower beds now.






The Cardinal Flower is starting to bloom. This was a favorite with the hummingbirds last year. Hopefully it will attract some more to my garden this year.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sigruns German Garden said...

I think, white Phlox is better than red!

Sigrun :-)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I like your blog lots! You have such lovely sage plants, I would like to try growing honeydew sage, I love the look of it. Also love the butterfly weed. Such a brilliant hot color!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Now that I have some Phlox I am wondering how I lived without it. I think I need more:)

Thanks Salix! I like your blog as well.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!