Thursday, June 01, 2006

The start of June!


I cheated and bought some morning glories that were already growing. I've planted a bunch of seeds as well and they are only about an inch high. The seeds I've planted are red which of course the hummingbirds prefer.





Baptisia is a flower I discovered since moving to Wisconsin. It is not a hummer plant, but a plant that does well with the dry summers on the prairies found here.










I'm growing lupine for the first time this year. According to the nursery where I bought it the hummers will like it. I'll have to wait and see if they do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

I just found your blog and I love the idea of a growing a hummingbird garden. I am a big fan of hummingbirds. I like your picture of the oriole, too.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks Christa! I'm glad you like it.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks Genie! Just adding a few hummingbird plants will increase the amount of hummingbirds in your yard. I started with some red bee balm & cardinal flower and now am addicted:) I think all the plants I bought this spring were for the hummingbirds.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!