Wednesday, June 07, 2006

more hummingbird plants blooming


This is an Abutilon. I only learned of this plant this year and spotted it at Eberts Nursery in Ixonia. I don't know if it will get big enough for the hummer to use planted in the ground, but I sure like it. It has a great verigated leaves as well. Next year I may try it in a hanging basket.





These are simple coral bells. I don't think this plant is that pretty, but it is actually a perennial here and hummers like it.








This is a Lonicera ‘Blanche Sandman’ honeysuckle. It is not growing as fast as my scarlet dropmore honeysuckle, but it is blooming. I bought two of these from High Country Gardens. Hoping they will take off and return year after year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

I know you have the plants for the hummingbird but do you also put out feeders? If so what is your recipe?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I only have one feeder out right now, but later in the summer I will add more. I usually make the nectar in a 4:1 ratio. 1 cup of water to 1/4 cup of sugar. Some people boil the water first, but I don't. I just make sure the sugar dissolves in it.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!